WAMPUM, Pennsylvania (August 27, 2017)
Bobby Fong and Quicksilver Latus Motors Kawasaki Racing Team shook off their Sonoma blues and raced with cool confidence to put in an inspiring double podium weekend at the Pittsburgh International Racing Complex. The first race was a dramatic win for the team. After hanging mid-pack for nearly the entire race, Bobby came from the third position at the penultimate lap to leap frog his usual main challengers, Scholtz and Lewis, to snatch the top spot for the day. Exciting and textbook racing by Professor Fong.
Race Two was dramatic for a very different reason that didn’t involve the Quicksilver Latus Team. The Man in a Van with a Plan, Hayden Gillim, suffered a very bad single bike crash that threw his bike up and over the race wall barrier near the halfway part of the race. Thankfully Hayden left under his own power, but the crash caused a red flag and a restart. Going into the crash, it looked as though Professor Fong was working from the same script as Saturday. The restart thwarted a replay of the previous day but the Quicksilver Team ended the day with a fantastic second place finish.
On to New Jersey and Barber for the last four races of the year. Go Q Crew!
Top 10 Championship Standings of MotoAmerica Bazzaz Superstock 1000 Series (8/27/2017):
- Mathew Scholtz – 331 pts – Yamaha
- Jake Lewis – 267 pts – Suzuki
- Bobby Fong – 259 pts – Quicksilver Latus Motors Racing Kawasaki
- Danny Eslick – 220 pts – Yamaha
- Bryce Prince – 167 pts – Yamaha
- Hayden Gillim – 161 pts – Suzuki
- Max Flinders – 117 pts – Yamaha
- David Anthony – 66 pts – Kawasaki
- Anthony West – 57 pts – Kawasaki
- Tyler Ohara – 54 pts – Kawasaki
- Anthony Koskinski – 37 pts – Yamaha
MotoAmerica Superstock 1000 Race points are awarded as follows:
1st place = 25 points
2nd place = 20 points
3rd place = 16 points
4th place = 13 points
5th place = 11 points
6th place = 10 points